Sunday, April 29, 2012

On going battle with fibromyalgia

I have had fibromyalgia for over 30 years. The disease has left me with weekly canker sores in my mouth and tongue, severe headaches, depression, muscle aches, extreme fatigue, irritability and the inability to plan much ahead because of flareups. The symptoms were mild at first but lately have reached a point of my pain levels around 6 to 7 on a scale from zero being no pain to 10 being severe!

Several doctors have suggested a drug called Savilla but I resisted trying to manage the fibro without medication. Perhaps it's my age -- 70 years old --perhaps it's the five surgeries I had last year, or the fact that I'm just ready for a better standard of life that I took the advice and have begun taking Savella.

The improvement is incredible. After taking medicine for only three days I had a great day yesterday for my pain was reduced with the fatigue and I was able to participate in very major activities without being completely exhausted and sick at the end of the day. My mind is lighter, I feel less burdened and I know there is something wonderful going on with this new medicine.

I am keeping a chart with my symptoms and the level, and the degree of severity and how they are improving plus notes on what I am able to accomplish. I am on a trial package right now that will end in two months, and we will see at what level I need to continue to take medication. I feel this is a blessing from the Lord, and I am very grateful for it!

Update on my health since using DoTerra essential oils and eating gluten, corn, chicken, dairy (mostly) free. I haven't had a sore in my. Now for several months.

No comments: