Here's a little about our family. My husband, PapaBob and I have 4 children. Two sons, Brett and Scott and two daughters, Avalie and Cheri. Brett has 7 children (another on his way in Sept.), Scott is a super uncle and single, Avalie has 4, and Cheri 2. We all live within a few miles of each other except for Scott who flies in and out from Seattle for visits whenever he can get away from work. What fun we have and what good times!
Bob and I share a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Yep, we're Mormons. We served a mission for our church for two years and taught astronomy and physical science at a church university. I also taught watercolor to a community education group for those years. We are both officially retired and love our daily blessings from the Lord. Each day is unique unto itself with opportunities to serve each other, our family and neighbors. We watch and listen for God's inspiration and do his will in all we do.
The biggest change in our lives has come since last February. I joined a prayer based weight loss group called WeighDown and have lost 40 lbs. I feel terrific, have developed a stronger relation with God and dropped 3 dress and pant sizes. Basically, you learn to turn to God for all your needs -- overeating being a major problem for me. Now I eat when I have a growl and am really empty and stop when politely full. Because the food can't fill us up, we pray and read scripture and learn to fill up on his word and his love -- which truly can fill your emptiness and loneliness.
Praise God for the freedom I feel from the siren call of the food. No more slavery to the food. However, God isn't done with me yet, I know, for I am learning how to lay down pride, self-will, and mean spirited words and actions. This has been a marvelously difficult journey, with many changes and rebirth. I am a new creature, born again and so happy. And I have Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost to praise and thank for it. AND I DO!!
2 comments:
hey the one and only carol. how are you? i havent seen you forever. hope that you are doing well and that things down your way are great. we loved hanging with you and your hubby a couple years ago in hawaii and still have the very best memories of that. ry and ree are so lucky to have such great family. take care
oh and you are lookin GOOOD!!!
Post a Comment